Mirrors

Today I just can't stop thinking about mirrors
Mirrors play a big role in my every day
They reflect what what I want to see,
And sometimes what I don't want to see
In the world and in myself.
Most of the time mirrors show things on the outside that are good like a good hair day...
Or bad like a few zits popping up on my chin!
Sometimes mirrors reflect the feelings I am feeling on the inside
A bit tired, or extremely happy
Sometimes mirrors are used for practical reasons like the rear view mirror in my car, with out that thing who knows where any of us would be?
Mirrors add extra light and dimension to rooms
There are even mirrors in the temple sealing rooms placed just perfectly across from each other so that it looks like eternity.
I'm sure that the list of uses for mirrors could go on
But my new favorite thing a mirror does is bring happiness and wonder to my little Blake.
There are little mirrors on a few of his toys and he just loves to look at them
I'm not sure if he knows exactly what he is seeing ... But it sure makes him excited!
He breaths really fast and his eyes get all big!
Sometimes he even let's out a little happy squeal!

He also loves when we to go to the big mirror in the bathroom
And we look at each other for a while
The other night he cuddled with me even though he was awake
I was standing in front of the mirror rocking him in my arms
He rested his sweet little head on my shoulder,
And the best part was that I could see the whole thing
In the mirror!
And as I watched my little boy fall asleep on my shoulder that night
I realized that I love mirrors
Because they let me watch my little boy be with ME:) 
As he drifted off to sleep that night
and I watched us in the mirror
I couldn't help feeling so blessed
I sure love being a mom
and the chance I get everyday to learn from the sweetest little angel
sent straight from heaven.


 

No comments