Dear Sweet Baby Lying ON My Tummy


Dear Sweet Baby Lying On My Tummy,
You are the most precious little boy that I have ever seen. 
But you sure make it hard to get any sleep at night...
Sometimes when I'm feeling really sleepy my head says,"This is so frustrating!"
But one look into your sweet little eyes makes my heart say the opposite.
I love being your mommy more than I ever thought that I would. 
and I love you even more than that!
You are already getting so big and you're only 10 days old,
I might cry if you get any bigger.
I want to remember how I feel at this exact moment with you asleep on my chest.
 I kiss your head as I'm trying to soak you all in.
Your head is turned up towards me, your eyes are closed, and your tiny mouth is just so peaceful. 
Sometimes you arch your back and stretch up while you sleep.
I love how you have dark swirly soft baby hair on your back...
And how your whole body moves up and down each time you breathe
Everyone says its crazy how much you can love someone you just met, 
I don't think I ever fully believed them until I met you! 
I'm so glad that I get to be your mommy forever, 
and that I get to be here with you while you grow up.
Your gonna be the funnest little boy, and a handsome young man
But I'm pretty sure I'm gonna miss all the littleness that you are right now.
I love you sweet baby Blake!
Please don't grow up too fast.
Love, your mommy 







3 comments

  1. Brittney, I just cannot get enough of him! =] So precious! And you WILL sleep again! Even if you feel like you won't... you WILL! =] Welcome to motherhood... it's the greatest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! You are such a sweet new momma! And baby Blake is sooooooooo precious! Lots of love for you guys! And keep soaking in every moment because it's unbelievable how quickly they grow up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute. And this post is so precious. And my daughter had lots of swirly dark hair all over her body when she was born too. It's adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete