Love At First Sight: Blake's Birth Story Part 3

Part One
Part Two
At about 2:00pm on Saturday July 14th 
(My official due date)
and after 24 hours of laboring
I was getting wheeled through the halls of the hospital
knowing that I was about to have major surgery
and that I was about to meet my precious baby boy for the first time.
Talk about mixed emotions.
Spencer was with me while I was being wheeled around, being prepped for the operation room.
When we got to the room I went in first with out him, 
and that was the hardest part
I remember that the room was really bright and really cold
and there were so many nurses running around me,
changing my gown
sliding me on different beds
hooking me up to IVs
strapping my arms down
I have never felt so alone in a room with so many people
and I have never felt so out of control of my own body.
Finally Spencer got to join me on our side of the sheet set up right in front of my face.
I was so glad that he was there.
Then the doctors came in and started the operation.
They would tell me when there was going to be more pressure and things like that
Not that it mattered because I could feel so much of what they were doing anyways.
I'm pretty sure I could feel more than I should have been feeling 
because all I could think about was how terrible it felt,
and I must have been complaining a lot 
Because the nurses kept putting more and more narcotics into my IV
but those didn't help.
I think I ended up with some sort of oxygen mask too,
It was probably the most traumatic thing I have ever experienced.
Its hard for me to remember details because the whole thing is kind of lumped into my head as one big "OUCH"


But what I do remember is that at 2:29
It was all worth it :)



Its hard to explain the way that I felt when I first heard my baby cry
its something that I will never forget.
and when they brought him over to where I could see him
I couldn't help thinking about what a miracle he was
Babies are so special
I knew that already
but when it was my own baby...
It was totally different
I was instantly filled with so much love I couldn't hold it in
I started crying because I was so happy
He was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen
and I couldn't believe that I had helped to create his little body

When he was all wrapped up they brought him over and laid him on my chest
I wanted to hold him so badly, but I couldn't yet
Me and Spencer just stared at him
He was looking at us too.
He was the most perfect thing we had ever seen
so fresh from heaven
He held our fingers with his little fingers
as we all soaked each other in.
Then they took him away.

They started sewing me up
and getting everything cleaned up.
don't really remember much of what happened in the next little while
but eventually I was taken to a little room where I finally got to have a drink of water.
It was just me and a nurse for a while 
she kept trying to tell me to get a little sleep
and I was so exhausted I think that I did catch a few minutes
But it was hard for me to stop thinking about what had just happened
It was so surreal
I was actually a mother
and I had the most perfect healthy baby in the whole world.
I couldn't really believe it
But I was so happy

After 40 minutes had gone by my family got to come into the room
and we all got excited for when Blake would get to join us.

During this time Spencer was with Blake












Finally Spencer wheeled him in 
We announced his name to our families
Blake Ryan Brady
and I finally got to hold my baby boy :)









I remember thinking that I was the luckiest girl in the whole world to be surrounded by so many people that love me,
and to be able to have the most precious baby in the world




Every body took turns admiring his precious little face















So even though it was one of the most 
terrifying
surprising
and exhausting days of my life,
It was also THEmost 
rewarding
special
and perfect day I have ever experienced.
And I wouldn't change anything about how it happened


I sure love that little boy with all of my heart :)

No comments